Sunday, April 27, 2008

Week 7 - Technorati

I had a quick search for this blog using the search term 'how many things' and found there were nearly 4000 results....of course, my blog may not actually be one of those results so I tried a couple of searches using keywords from my blog and did not find it - perhaps it's not actually on technorati...but back to the task.

Bookmobile
Search for "Bookmobile" - I did a basic search for Blogs - and found 16 Blogs about Bookmobiles.

I then did an Advanced Search (Show posts that contain the EXACT phrase) and search in All Blogs: "Bookmobile" - and found it did not work the first time (perhaps as I had used "") and when I removed the "", I received 1 184 results Search in entire post of blogs with any authority in English

Out of curiousity, I returned to the original search result of 16 Blogs and clicked on the Posts tab and received 64 Posts tagged "Bookmobile" - Search in tags only of blogs with any authority in English

I also clicked the Photos and Videos tabs - it didn't actually give the number of results for Photos or Videos (there was one page of Videos) but I discovered there are 90 pages of Photos for "Bookmobile"

NSWPLN
I did an Advanced Search for nswpln2008 and found:
Posts - 9 results for "nswpln2008" Search in entire post of blogs with any authority in English.
Blogs - no blogs
Photos - there are 21 pages of photos about nswpln2008
Videos - There are no videos about "nswpln2008". To contribute to this page, go to YouTube and tag some videos.
The only difference I found with this particular search was the number of results for Posts - there were 6 Posts tagged "nswpln2008" Search in tags only of blogs with any authority in English

My Flickr images were there (even on the first page) searching for nswpln2008.

No comments: