Sunday, April 27, 2008

Week 10 - Mashups

Wow - I enjoyed the challenge and I could see not only libraries using Mashups but also members of the public for their personal use.

How could a library use mashups?

I could imagine a Local Studies Library using mashups to demonstrate the changing view of the local community.

I could imagine a library using a mashup (such as that on big huge labs) to create images of school holiday activities, storytimes, regular activities (minus faces of children!)

I could also see libraries using mashups for customers to elect to print themselves (eg calendars and 'toys') using images from the library.

As per Libraries411.com (Find Public Libraries near you), I could see the benefits of libraries in Australia putting themselves on the map (so to speak) for visitors to the local area. Actually not just visitors, but also residents in the community unaware of the location of their local library.

With mashups, the options would be endless.....just hope IT departments can see the benefits of a library using such technology.

No comments: