Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Week 6 - Discover

Lego - You Tube I did a search for "lego" in YouTube and found there were 70 100 videos containing the word lego (I presume all 70-odd-thousand have the word lego); however, I did view a couple of videos including Lego Donkey Kong and Ultimate Lego Rubberband Gun.
Google Video I did a search for "lego" in Google Video and found there were "about 103138" results; however, I selected the radio button "Videos hosted by Google" and the number of results decreased dramatically to "5160" - I scrolled forward through the results and found a video of 13 minutes "Thriller Lego Style" - I didn't watch the whole 13 minutes!
Liverpool Plains - You Tube - I did a search of "liverpool plains" and found 1 result - quite an interesting video when I started to watch it - but You Tube contained a hyperlink to see results for liverpool plains which gave 23 results - although scrolling through the results I noticed there were keywords of liverpool and plain - just demonstates the value of using quotation marks!
Liverpool Plains - Google Video I did a search for "liverpool plains" in Google video (videos hosted by Google) and did not retrieve any results. I removed the quotation marks and retrieved 1 result - 'Train to Belgium' ~ Liverpool City Council. Selecting the radio button for All Videos, retrieved the 'Liverpool Plains Harvest 2006' as per the YouTube result.
You Tube - Kogarah I did a search for "Kogarah" and found 78 results so I decided to add library to my search and found 1 video of 'yyz by rush cover by yr 12 students' - a performance at Kogarah Library for Yr 12 music.
Google Video - Kogarah I did a search for "Kogarah" searching Videos hosted by Google and retrieved 5 results (majority of them of Sydney News) - interesting to note that one of the results was the 'Train to Belgium' ~ Kogarah Municipal Council. Searching in Google Video for all videos retrieved 27 results.

I have just looked at the 2 library examples and I got the idea to search to see whether there is another video promoting a service such as Ask Now! - I found this short video and once I learn to embed into my posts, chances are, I may embed this one but for now, you could view this video at Parents - Try AskWhyKY.org! Librarians on AskWhyKY answer your questions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - absolutely free. This particular video runs for approx 0:30 seconds; however, I've just found another one advertising the website which runs for approx 2:30 minutes - this one can be found at AskWhyKY.org

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Sounds like you are being thorough!

It is useful to explore the ideas, and to think about possible work place applications.

Ellen